It’s raining today so my move around the corner is delayed until the weather is more suitable. But today, I have other things on my mind – I’m going to a second-interview for one of the jobs I’ve been chasing, and Lucius is sick today, so I’ve got him here (playing Lego Star Wars on the PS2 all morning).
I’ve just had a reminder though why this is one of my favourite times of year. Because I went to the letterbox, and the junk mail catalogues today are from:
- an electrical store (selling computers & accessories, TVs, DVDs etc);
- a store that sells BBQs and outdoor furniture;
- another electronic store;
- a men’s clothing store;
- a department store having a huge sale on movies;
- two from stores selling auto accessories; and
- a office supply store (selling computer desks, office chairs and of course computers and accessories).
All this aimed at people wanting to buy Fathers Day gifts for next month. In other words, they’re all items aimed at my demographic – things to keep people like me happy. As I said, best time of year!